From political controversies to sexual harassment, Twitter was at the center of memes and movements that are shaking society.
Microsoft Windows 10, frivolous Apps & Services that are constantly running in the background by default, unless you go into your Privacy Settings to specifically turn them off.
- Alarm & Clock
- Get Office
- Groove Music
- Microsoft Edge
- Movies & TV
- Phone Companion
- Skype Video
Even more annoying is when they keep on running even after you’ve exited the App or application; you then have to manually go into Task Manager to ‘End’ or ‘Kill’ the task to stop it guzzling up precious CPU %
This event sends data during the download request phase of updating Windows.
The following fields are available:
- ErrorCode The error code returned for the current download request phase.
- PackageCountTotal Total number of packages needed.
- PackageCountRequired Number of required packages requested.
- PackageCountOptional Number of optional packages requested.
- ObjectId Unique value for each Update Agent mode.
- SessionId Unique value for each Update Agent mode attempt.
- ScenarioId The scenario ID. Example: MobileUpdate, DesktopLanguagePack, DesktopFeatureOnDemand, or DesktopDriverUpdate
- RelatedCV Correlation vector value generated from the latest USO scan.
- Result Result of the download request phase of update.
- PackageSizeCanonical Size of canonical packages in bytes
- PackageSizeDiff Size of diff packages in bytes
- PackageSizeExpress Size of express packages in bytes
- FlightId Unique ID for each flight.
- UpdateId Unique ID for each update.
- PackageCountTotalCanonical Total number of canonical packages.
- PackageCountTotalDiff Total number of diff packages.
- PackageCountTotalExpress Total number of express packages.
- RangeRequestState Represents the state of the download range request.
- DeletedCorruptFiles Indicates if UpdateAgent found any corrupt payload files and whether the payload was deleted.
Reddit Source: Does a version of Windows exist that doesn’t spy on you?
more digestible version: http://www.game-debate.com/blog/19188/why-windows-10-sucks
The ultimate F1 racing simulation, GRAND PRIX IV by Geoff Crammond & Microprose.
|microsoft.com technet support Explanation:|
|The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure tried to start the named server; however, the server did not reply within the required timeout period. There might be a deadlock, or the program might not have responded to the server initialization code within the timeout period of two minutes.|
|GUID: 1B1F472E-3221-4826-97DB-2C2324D389AE and BF6C1E47-86EC-4194-9CE5-13C15DCB2001 – these GUIDs have been determined to be associated with a Microsoft SkyDrive maintenance tasks configured to run at 3:00 am in Microsoft Task Scheduler on a Windows 8.1 Pro workstation. The task says: “Performs OneDrive file sync when the computer is idle.” and it shows a failure with Error code 0x80080005. Most probably this issue occurs when there is no SkyDrive enabled account configured on the computer.
|If the problem continues to occur, contact the program vendor.
To determine the program vendor
If you do not need DCOM you can disable it in the following way:
1. Set the EnableDCOM Value Name, a string (REG_SZ) data type, at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE to N.
2.Shutdown and restart your computer.
3.For Windows XP (or WIN 8) & Windows Server 2003, complete the following additional steps:
A. Run Dcomcnfg.exe.
B. Expand Component Services.
C. Right-click Computer and press Properties. For a remote computer, right-click Computer, press New, press Computer, type the ComputerName, right-click the ComputerName and press Properties.
D. Select the Default Properties tab.
E. Clear the Enable Distributed COM on this Computer box.
F. press Apply to disable DCOM.
G. Press OK and exit Dcomcnfg.exe.
H. Shutdown and restart your computer.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 1,300 times in 2015. If it were a cable car, it would take about 22 trips to carry that many people.
DirectX 12 is already baked into the operating system.
In Windows 10 run dxdiag.exe, then look for the DirectX Version Info at the bottom of the System tab. Boom! DirectX 12.
But before you get too excited, remember that the mere presence of DX12 in Windows 10 is essentially useless until graphics drivers and other software are released to take advantage of Microsoft’s new gaming API.